Foursquare Ministers' Code of Ethics

FOURSQUARE MINISTERS’ CODE OF ETHICS*

As an ordained or licensed minister or Christian worker, I subscribe in full to the contents of the Declaration of Faith as compiled by Aimee Semple McPherson, founder, and to the creedal statement of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel and declare myself in harmony with and bind myself to the objects, purposes and provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the Church of the Foursquare Gospel in the Philippines, Inc.

I further dedicate myself to the faithful performance of the ministry to which I have been called and will at all times strive for harmony, Christian unity and accord.

Should I desire further training, I will first ask the advice of my District Supervisor.

Should I desire to publish books, tracts, or literature, etc., bearing the Foursquare name, I will first obtain the approval of the Board.
               
When ministering in the pulpit, I will endeavor to wear, if a man, a barong or a long-sleeved shirt with a tie; if a woman, an accepted decent or formal dress.

Should I desire to resign from any office, pastorate or ministry to which I have been assigned, or should I desire a change of appointment, I will address such request in writing to my District Supervisor no longer than sixty (60) days prior to the effective date of such change, and in the meanwhile I will remain in the place of duty until a satisfactory replacement has been arranged by the District Supervisor.

I further understand I am only a volunteer worker and that a credential is not a guarantee of financial support from the Foursquare organization but is an authorization to fulfill my calling within the fellowship of Foursquare churches; I further recognize that the responsibility rests upon me to uphold and maintain the high standards of the ministry and the cause of Christ.

If at any time I am guilty of conduct unbecoming to the ministry or if at any time I am unable to give my wholehearted support to the policies and aims of the organization, I will surrender my credentials in accordance with church discipline and will refrain from taking any action that will cause division or dissension within the ranks of Foursquare ministers and members.

I pledge further, to give the fullest consideration to any fellow ministers and will seek the best interest of the organization and the cause of Christ under and in all circumstances.


  • Article VIII, Section K, Subsection 4, Paragraph B, Sub-paragraph 3, Legal and Ecclesiastical Bylaws, Rules, Regulations, Discipline and Teachings of the Church of the Foursquare Gospel in the Philippines. Published by the Church of the Foursquare Gospel in the Philippines, Quezon City (2003 Edition).

BE HEARD. SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS HERE!

top